Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Famous But Sucks Satay Celup in Melacca - Capitol Satay

"Satay Celup" is one of the unique food that you MUST try if you have a chance to visit Melacca. No idea what is "Satay Celup", check it out from wikipedia here. Local people call this "Satay Celup" as Satay "Lok Lok".



I asked around the local there, they told me "Restaurant Capitol Satay" is the most famous and oldest restaurant for "Satay Celup". So I just give it a try but ends up a disappointment. As happen to some places, famous stuff is not necessary the nicest thing.



Food - 6/10

Yes, very special but really not that delicious. The unique thing is really the satay source. The worst thing is you need to wait for 2 hours+ for such so so food, it is really not worth it in my opinion. But on the other hand, we also need to try it out right or else your whole life has never tried it before? Okay, just try to go there maybe even before 4.30 pm maybe you don't need to wait for too long.

Not enjoying the food, that's why forgot to take the rest of the photos especially on the famous satay source. I only have one photo below but when you Google it, you shall see a lot. To me, the satay source is also so so.



Summary

Sorry it is no to me, I do not recommend. There are others better food that you can find in Melacca. I suggest you target those food first rather than "Satay Celup" unless you have already tried the rest and have extra time.


Location Information

Address
Restaurant Capitol Satay,
41, Lorong Bukit Cina,
75100 Melaka, Malaysia.


View Larger Map

Business Hours
5 pm - 1 am

GPS Location
North +2° 11' 43.73"
East +102° 15' 9.07"

No comments: