Sunday, August 26, 2012

Eat Village Egg in Sungai Petani - Homemade Breakfast

In Sungai Petani, there are lot of homemade food especially for breakfast. I just found this special because it offers half-boil "Village Egg" which I don't know where can find it now except in my hometown Sabah.



Village egg means those eggs are taken from the chicken which raised at open space (not in the cage) and this is usually at village. That's why they call it village egg. :) In Malay, it is called "Kampung" egg which is what the locals call it. In English, it is called "free-range" egg.


Food/Price - 7/10

Village egg is really nice, it really tastes slightly different from those you can buy in grocery store and I believe it is healthy too because no hormone injection? They sell toast too but okay only, not very special as compared to village egg.




They also sell other stuff like dried Noodle and dried Kway Teow. I think the taste is so so only. Maybe just 6/10. :) A good place for simple breakfast in Sungai Petani..



For drink, somehow in Sungai Petani, all are very bad. So, just order if you're thirsty.


Location Information

Address
Lorong 31 crosses with Jalan Taman Petani Jaya (See the map)
08000 Sungai Petani,
Kedah, Malaysia.


View Village Egg (Breakfast) in Sungai Petani in a larger map


Business Hours
8 am - 11 am

GPS Location
North +5° 37' 43.10"
East +100° 29' 8.59"

6 comments:

FiSh said...

i miss village eggs so much! :) hard to get in kl

FiSh @ ohfishiee

ChampDog said...

Hahaha me too! I think hardly can get village eat these days. :)

Anonymous said...

I like Village Egg much. During school time, i will take it as my breakfast with a hot Milo and I miss those day. I am glad that I still can enjoy the Village Egg when I go home. However, due to work, I seldom go back to my hometown. =(

ChampDog said...

Understand exactly what you meant because most of us do not work at our own hometown. Where is your hometown? :)

Anonymous said...

My hometown is a small village located in Ipoh. I miss it.

ChampDog said...

Cool! :) Ipoh has a lot of nice food also!