Thursday, January 24, 2013

Famous Grilled Fish (Ikan Bakar) at Teluk Tempoyak

I wanted to blog about this place and now finally I made it. This is the best place that you can find in Penang especially if you're searching for the most freshest fish to eat. If you come before 6 PM, you can actually see those fishes are still alive!



You basically choose the fish that you would like to grill and they will weight the fish and quote you the price based on published fish price per kg. Besides fish, you can also choose other seafood such as prawn and crab.





There is a jetty there and you can go there either while waiting for food or after having your dinner. You will usually see people fishing there.



Food - 9/10

So far, this is my highest food rating in my blog - can't remember if I rate any food more than 8. :) Not only just the freshness of the fish but the grilled fish (in Malay, it is called "Ikan Bakar") is also very unique and you can't find it else where. Yummy, yummy!



It comes with few type of chili sources and I love all of them except the red one as you can see at the lower right of the picture. :D When you order the fish, you can either choose normal rice or "Nasi Lemak". Well, I usually just order the normal rice because I think the "Nasi Lemak" there is pretty common.







By the way, you may want to eat carefully so that you won't accidentally eat the ash! :) It is somehow easier to eat the ash especially if you want to completely finish eating the whole fish!

And this is how your fish is grilled! :)



Price - 7/10

Price may a little bit expensive but I think that's totally okay if you want to try some best food once a while. However, if you compared to those Chinese restaurants sell also live seafood, this place is cheaper.


Environment - 6/10

To me, the environment is okay but I brought few friends and relatives here before and it seems like they don't really like the environment here. There are a lot of flies here and some dirty cats. Those cats will basically beg the food from you. So, please don't feed them or else they will be keep approaching you!

I think people who can't tolerate with not very clean environment, they may not like this place. It is quite a okay place honestly as you can see the picture below.




Overall - 8/10

It is a must try place because of the freshness of the fish and very unique Malay grilling style :) What else I can say?


Location Information


View Famous Grilled Fish at Teluk Tempoyak in a larger map

Address
Adnan Bin Hassan (Ikan Bakar & Nasi Lemak)
Kampong Telok Tempoyak,
Jalan Teluk Tempoyak,
Penang

Business Hours
6 PM - 11:30 PM
Tuesday - Sunday (Close on Monday)

GPS Location
 +5° 16' 39.24", +100° 17' 16.37"

2 comments:

Fyruz said...

Wow..
What a high rating you gave..
I should go and give it a try!~
:)

ChampDog said...

Perhaps due to I like to eat fish very much. :)