Friday, October 12, 2012

Daorae BBQ Korean Restaurant in Bayan Baru Penang

Daorae is one of my favorite Korean restaurant in Penang especially at Bayan Baru area. You can't find any other better Korean restaurants at this area. When I very miss Korean food, I will come to this place.



Food / Environment / Overall - 8/10

People say it is expensive here and I think it is normal here. Can you get a very nice and also cheap Korean food in Malaysia? It is unlikely also right.



If there is really a money concern, you can order one dish only like what I did that day and they will give you a lot of side dishes. You can request more for those side dishes which is come with free. :) So it is not that expensive, if you really want to save!




The BBQ is not bad too, it is just that I don't order at that time. I will post more food photos when I come here again.


Location Information


View Daorae BBQ Korean Restaurant in Bayan Baru Penang in a larger map

Address
Daorae Korean BBQ Restaurant
15-2-G, 2-1 & 2-2,
Bayan Point,
Medan Kg. Relau.
11900 Penang

Tel number: +604 640 2616

Business Hours
11.30am-3.00pm (Lunch)
6.00pm-11.00pm (Dinner)
Open daily

GPS Location
+5° 19' 57.72"
+100° 17' 41.12"

15 comments:

Fyruz said...

the food is so tempting..
My mouth is watery right now..
L0L..
Is it a halal restaurant?

ChampDog said...

If I remember correctly, I think it is non-halal. :( Too bad. They serve pork.

Fyruz said...

Really?
Oh so bad..
If you bump into any Korean restaurant in Penang that serves halal food, do let me know okay..
Btw, I love reading your blog especially when I'm hungry..
L0L..
:)

ChampDog said...

I"m not sure if there is one but I will keep that in mind and look for you! :)

Thanks. It is just that this blog may not be updated very often. :D

I still have many nice food places are not yet be published, will share that when the mood comes. lol

Have you tried "Ikan Bakar" at Teluk Tempoyak? That is definitely halal and that best "Ikan Bakar" that I've ever tried. Fish there is very fresh as well... :)

Fyruz said...

Never tried it before..
But perhaps I'll go & try it after this..
Thanks for the recommendation!~
:)

ChampDog said...

Hahaha, do you know how to go?

Fyruz said...

Never been there before so I don't know how to get there..
:P

ChampDog said...

You know south bay? It is the same area. Okay, I will blog about this Ikan Bakar in my next post. :)

Fyruz said...

Okay cool..
I'll be the first person to read the post..
:)

Aneesya said...

There's small halal korean cafe near USM. it's maybe not the best but just enough to filled up craving for korean food... https://www.facebook.com/pages/korean-cafe-Gil/171666092902168

ChampDog said...

Cool, @Fyruz found one at least! :)

Fyruz said...

Like seriously?
Wow that's cool..
Gonna give it a try..
Thank you so much!~
:)

ChampDog said...

Fyruz, check out my latest post on the grilled fish that I recommended you.

I wrote the post especially for you! lol!

Netty said...

Halal?

ChampDog said...

@Netty, don't think so.